If you told me 2 years ago that I will have a cat I would have never believed it...I always thought of myself as such a dog person...but when Isabel adopted us it took some time to get used to but I can now say that i'm in love! she is really so sweet and her favorite spot is on our bed...so I took the opportunity of some good light and snapped some new pictures of the bedroom.
1. lots of people have been asking about the bedspread, it's about 5 years old and was purchased at Urban Outfitters.
2. Our closet door is patchwork of vintage pieces of wallpaper I cut to squares and glued to the door with wallpaper paste about 7 years ago, It's coming up around the edges (as you can see I didn't do a very good job) I need to redo it or remove it...ughh..
3. Some of the bedding is vintage (I mix and Match a lot) and I also sew many of the pillow cases from fabrics I love (big rose pillow and small rosy pillow in the photo).
4. The art above the bed is by my mother, Nora Frenkel, there is a link on the left side of my blog where you can see more of her work.
5. The orange kimono on the wall was my mother's who was born in Shanghai and got it as a gift from her parents on a trip to Japan when she was 4 in the early 30's before they returned to Paris.
6. The white chest of drawers was dark brown, I painted it off white and changed the top knobs.
I hope your having a great Labor Day weekend! xox